Romandie Ski de Fond (RSF) is the top organisation uniting more than 50 cross country skiing centers in the French speaking regions of Switzerland. details
RSF is involved with :
- editing and promoting access cards to the ski tracks
- publishing of various booklets and documents
- publishing and managing for this very site
- coordination and distribution of informations
- public announcements, press conferences
- technical know-how to centers
- standardization of track signs and hardware distribution
- help to cross country skiing schools
- reciprocal agreements negotiation
- close partnership collaboration with Swiss Ski, Loipen Schweiz, or head organizations of cross country skiing in France.
RSF instigates Nordic skiing in the French speaking regions of Switzerland, brings an important contribution to winter tourist offering and actively helps Nordic Centers get an income for their jobs.
Indeed, tracks are marked out and maintained by the Centers themselves. Average price for seasonal marking is 1.500 Swiss francs per kilometer! Financing for this job is done by the sale of tracks access cards.
In exchange, those Centers make sure they are compliant with a quality chart
Approved by the whole of the members of Romandie Ski touring, this charter is a model of reference towards which tend the Centers in order to offer to the cross-country skiers the minimal services below, in exchange of the price of the chart of season:
Network of the tracks :
- At least 10 to 15 km of linear tracks traditional and skating, marked out and maintained permanently according to standards' RSF.
- A heavy machine of ramming at least, equipped with tracer and blade.
A proximity :
- A dimensioned carpark, a room allowing the reception, information with the public and the sale of charts of season, a point of posting with plan of the tracks and tariff of the chart of season, a telephone number of information, a telephone of help (117 and 144).
- Phone, medical, drink, hiring of material, etc.